This policy was last updated on July 14, 2022
1. How We Collect Personal Information
1.1 We may collect information about you by various means, including:
- Directly from you, both online (e.g., our Services) and offline (e.g., industry events);
- From other third-party sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us, as well as from partners or third parties we work with; and
- By combining information from different sources, including online and offline data.
2. Types of Personal Information We Collect
2.1 In order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact information such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, title, organization and other information you may affirmatively provide to us;
- Survey information in response to questions we may send you, including for feedback and research purposes;
- Communications between you and us, such as via email, web form, mail, phone, or other channels;
- Job applicant information such as contact information, education, work experience and other information provided by you or by third parties on your behalf; and
- Online User Activity described in the next section.
2.2 If you provide us with information regarding another individual, you represent that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her information and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
3. Online User Activity, Cookies, and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
Carbice’s websites, online services, interactive applications, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies. These technologies can help us better understand user behavior to improve the website and create a better user experience for you. These technologies tell us which part of the website people have visited, what Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area, and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches.
Cookies are a commonly-used web technology that allow websites to store and retrieve certain information on a user’s system, and track users’ online activities. We, together with vendors we use, may collect information about your use of our Services by such automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, SDKs and other similar technologies (collectively, “Online User Activity”).
When you use the Services, the information we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, and mobile network information); and
- Location information where you choose to provide the website with access to information about your device’s location.
4. How We Use Personal Information We Collect
4.1 We use Personal Information we collect for purposes allowed by applicable laws, including:
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our Services, including to diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Provide you with administrative notices, such as to inform you about changes to this Policy and our Terms;
- Provide our Services to you and respond to your inquiries and other communications, such as information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you;
- Tailor the content that we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer opportunities and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and features, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- Comply with and enforce as needed applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies, and our contractual rights; and
- For any other purpose specified at the point of collection or as described in your express authorization.
4.2 We may use and disclose non-personal, non-individual statistics or demographic information in aggregate form without restriction.
5. How We Share Personal Information
5.1 We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information as permitted by law, including, for example, with legal affiliates and service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us (examples include IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, marketing partners, and other service providers). We provide such vendors with information so that they can perform their required functions on our behalf, in accordance with this Policy and applicable law.
- We may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss; (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users, or the public.
- We reserve the right to transfer the information that we maintain in the event of a contemplated or actual sale or transfer of all or a relevant portion of our business or assets. If such an event occurs, we will make reasonable efforts to direct the recipient to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
6. Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
- Marketing Emails: From time to time, we may contact you via email or through other channels for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional information and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may be notified when you open an email from us or click on a link therein. You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we may continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as administrative or transaction alerts, or information about changes to our terms of service.
- Cookies: Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our Services may not function correctly.
- Targeted Advertising: As noted above, we may work with advertising partners who collect information about your online activities and provide you with choices regarding the use of your browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. Popular advertising services you may opt out of include Google, the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance.
7. Online Advertising
You may see us promoted by other organizations, on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that we do not always have complete information about where our organization may be displayed or promoted, and if you believe that we are featured in venues that are inappropriate or offensive, please contact us as directed below.
8. Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
Our Services may contain links to other websites or apps. This can include social media integrations. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or apps, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or app that collects personal information.
9. How We Protect Data
Carbice values your privacy. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect information about our website visitors in our possession and control, and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information that you transmit to us, or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures in the event of any compromise of personal information. To the extent the law allows us to provide such notification via email or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
10. Information Related to Minors
The Services are not intended for minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from minors. We will endeavor to promptly delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons as required by applicable law.
11. Jurisdiction-Specific Notices
Certain jurisdictions may provide additional rights to individuals with respect to the collection and use of personal information that we have collected. You may have the right to request that we: (i) disclose to you any personal information that we have about you; (ii) correct or delete personal information that we have about you (subject to certain exceptions); or (iii) not disclose or sell your information to a third party (excluding qualified service providers). For Nevada residents, please note that we do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law (Ch. 603A, Sec. 1.6). Please direct any such requests to us via the contact information below. For your security, we will require you to prove your identity before fulfilling such requests, such as verifying the request by phone or email. The information we collect from you in connection with this verification of your identity will be used solely for purposes of verification. You may designate an authorized agent to submit such requests on your behalf, but you must provide the agent with written authorization and must still verify your identity with us. You have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising certain rights, and we never discriminate in any way against consumers who choose to exercise any of these rights. We will aim complete any request consistent with any legal requirement, and otherwise as determined by us in our discretion.
12. International Data Transfers and Use
Notwithstanding the foregoing, there may be limited circumstances under which Carbice processes the Personal Information of residents from the European Union, European Economic Area residents, United Kingdom, Switzerland or other foreign countries (collectively, “Data Subjects”) in a manner that is deemed “Personal Data” subject to foreign data protection and privacy laws including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR). In such circumstances, you (the Data Subject) may have the right to request (a) access to your Personal Data we hold about you; (b) request we correct an inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any Personal Data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of Personal Data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of Personal Data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any Personal Data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such Personal Data transmitted to another company. If you would like to exercise any such rights, please direct your request to us via the contact information below.
13. Changes to Our Notice
14. Contact Us